Digital eye strain can lead to blurry vision and make tasks like reading or driving challenging. At VistaSite Eye Care in the Bronx, Yonkers, and White Plains, NY, we provide comprehensive eye exams to learn more about your condition and treatment to help you see more clearly. Before visiting us, learn more about digital eye strain below:
Common Symptoms of Digital Eye Strain
Digital eye strain, also known as computer vision syndrome, occurs due to excessive digital device use. Many people experience changes in their vision and eye fatigue. Some other common symptoms of digital eye strain include:
• Blurry vision
• Itchy eyes
• Dry eyes
• Neck pain
• Muscle fatigue
• Back pain
How to Prevent Digital Eye Strain
When you are experiencing eye strain, we recommend visiting our optometrists for an evaluation. However, there are also some ways to prevent digital eye strain. Some tips we recommend include:
• Blink more often when you are working on a computer to keep your eyes lubricated
• Practice the 20-20-20 rule, which includes looking at objects that are 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes
• Utilize blue light filters for your computer screens
• Adjust the height of your screen to ensure it is level with your shoulders so you are not straining
• Make sure the light in the room is appropriate to prevent eye strain
• Get an eye exam annually to monitor the health of your eyes. Our optometrists may also suggest blue light glasses that you can use while utilizing digital devices.
Contact us for an Appointment Today!
If you have discomfort due to digital eye strain, let our team at VistaSite Eye Care in the Bronx, Yonkers, and White Plains, NY, help. After an assessment, we can develop an individualized treatment plan that will ease your symptoms and provide a clearer vision. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your eye exam, call our office at (718) 324-2020 today. When you need an optometrist near me, we are happy to assist you!